Business is better when we work together for an economic environment that is real estate friendly – for both REALTORS® and property owners.
Local Issues and Advocacy
Our network of 5,000 NEXUS REALTOR® voices gives us more influence to work for laws and regulations that keep the transaction moving and your business growing.
We work at the local level on issues such as:
• Affordable Housing
• Sign Ordinances
• Certificate of Occupancy
• Property Maintenance
• Short-term Rentals
Three Ways to Protect Your Business
Take part and protect your interests when you:
• VOTE: Stay informed on local, state and national issues and vote for candidates who support pro-real estate issues.
• ACT: Take action when an urgent issue needs your attention. You can get info on Calls for Action via text, the NEXUSConnect weekly email and on our social media pages. A couple clicks is all it takes to have a voice and protect your livelihood.
• INVEST: Make a donation to RPAC. When every NEXUS member contributes, we make a big impact. Consider donating $25 today.
NEXUS REALTORS® also work at the state and national levels to produce positive outcomes for our industry and protect private property rights.
REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC)
We aren’t part of any one political party. We are the REALTOR® Party. When you contribute to RPAC, you contribute to a healthy economic environment for real estate.
RPAC funds help:
• Build relationships and educate officials on issues that impact your business.
• Support pro-real estate candidates who support laws and regulations that benefit our industry and protect private property rights at all levels of government.
See 5 ways RPAC saves New Jersey REALTORS® and property owners.
How to Invest
Every investment counts. Even a small contribution can lead to big changes. Be a part of protecting your industry:
• Make an annual contribution to RPAC at dues renewal.
• Click here to login to your New Jersey REALTORS® account to make a contribution now.
RPAC Investment Levels and Recognition
Want to be an influencer who helps shape the political future of the real estate industry? Join an elite group of RPAC Major Investors who make significant financial contributions to support our industry.
The minimum annual investment for an RPAC Major Investor is $1,000 and has four levels. Learn more about the benefits of becoming an RPAC Major Investor.
Other RPAC member recognition programs include:
• President’s Circle
• RPAC Hall of Fame
Calls for Action
A few times a year an urgent real estate issue needs immediate attention. This may happen when a law is before Congress, or our state legislature. When these situations happen, quick action on the part of every member makes a difference.
Calls for Action (CFAs) may come from the local, state or national REALTOR® association level. Examples of recent Calls for Action include:
• Proposed Short-Term Rental Legislation (NJ)
• Extension of the National Flood Insurance Program
• Tax reform for homeowners
• Terrorism Risk Insurance extension for commercial properties
Click here for current CFAs, to sign up for mobile alerts, search for real estate related legislation and to find local officials and candidates.