REALTOR® Code of Ethics (3 Hour)
Date: Monday, May 01, 2023 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Duration: 3 Hours
Categories: Credited Classes
Location: Live Webinar
Instructors - Speakers: Anna Janda
Credits: New Jersey Real Estate: 3 Ethics Credits (C20200442)
Member Price: $0.00
Non-Member Price: $30.00
Important Message: Free to Nexus members. This 3-hour course will satisfy both the NAR Code of Ethics and NJREC Continuing Education Requirement. Review The Code of Ethics here:https://www.nar.realtor/about-nar/governing-documents/code-of-ethics/code-of-ethics-training
This course covers the REALTOR Code of Ethics of the National Association of REALTORS in its entirety. Students will learn about the Preamble to the Code, the 17 Articles of the Code and their respective Standards of Practice, as well as the Pathways to Professionalism.
Upon completion of “The Code of Ethics: Our Promise of Professionalism” course, participants will be able to:
- Identify key aspirational concepts found in the Preamble to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® Code of Ethics
- Describe “general business” ethics, and compare and contrast the REALTORS®’ Code of Ethics with business ethics, generally
- Describe the concepts established in Articles 1, 2, 3, 10, 11, and 16 of the Code of Ethics and identify possible violations of the Code of Ethics specifically related to those Articles
- Describe the professional standards process for enforcing the Code of Ethics, including the duty to arbitrate
- Identify critical elements of due process as they relate to Code enforcement
- Identify how the Code of Ethics should be used in daily business practices.
- Explain how the Pathways to Professionalism tool provides guidelines for respecting property, the public, and peers.
Fulfills REALTOR® Code of Ethics Requirement: Yes